Friday 14 February 2014

Valentines Day: Forever Alone?

Hello friends!

So another Valentines Day is upon us. Another single Valentines Day in my case. But guess what? I really do not care. I can't be the only one who has noticed this, but this year more than ever has seen an all time low number of people complaining about being single on this dreadful 'holiday'. Finally, people are starting to realise that it's the least important thing ever. The fact that this is a day some people see as a reason to hate themselves for being alone is a horrible thought. So you didn't get a £1 rose and a card - ho hum! It's really not the end of the world. I'm rubbish at receiving gifts, and even worse at buying them so the whole concept is a horrible thought for me anyway. 

This is just a short post to express my gratitude for the shrinking importance of Valentines Day to the single community. It's also an opportunity to voice my slight disgust at every other post on all social media sites being a sickly picture of a bunch of flowers and a poorly constructed declaration of love, followed by a few emojis. But I'll leave them to it - I suppose it's slightly heart-warming.... deep down. Ish.

Also, if you don't have plans for tonight, much like myself, here are a few suggestions as to what you could do instead!

1. Pamper yourself.
Why not? Have a nice long bath, or a shower if you'd prefer. Slap on a face mask, paint your nails. Moisturise! Do girly things. 

2. Eat. 
Think about it. Go to the shops and buy a box of chocolates on Valentines Day. Nobody will suspect that you're about to take them home and indulge in an entire Milk Tray in one go, will they? 

3. Drink.
One bottle of wine, minus one Valentine = more for you. Have a giggle! Or if you don't drink, make yourself a monster hot chocolate. You do you.

4. Filmathon.
Two options here, either stay in with a pile of your favourite DVDs (or your laptop... not that I condone piracy, children....) and view in the comfort of your own home, or go to the cinema. It's always amusing and/or uncomfortable to watch the endless PDA Valentines Day promotes!

5. Laugh at Valentines memes. 
Really. They are brilliant, and if you haven't seen any yet, I'm pretty sure you're living in a cave. Here are a few favourites!




Happy Valentines Day, loners and lovers! xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts!